- Chicken breast meat from a rotisserie chicken (skin removed) cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 apple, gala or other sweet variety, chopped
- 2 handfuls of seedless (red) grapes, halved
- Chopped raw pecans
Combine ingredients in a bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat well. Serve on a bed of greens or in a lettuce wrap.
- Use canned chicken or chicken leftovers from another meal
- Canned tuna may be substituted for chicken
- Omit the apples and grapes and add onions
- Add whatever you would like and see what happens-dried cranberries, cherries, almonds, walnuts
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of one lemon
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
Combine ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add to chicken or tuna salad. If dressing is not creamy enough, add a bit more olive oil to make it the right consistency.
This dressing is versatile and could be used on greens or as a vegetable dip.