Today is a day my family looks forward to for weeks. We enjoy hanging out, relaxing, cooking, and of course, eating.
We typically fry our turkey. This year, we’re changing things up a bit. The bird is going on the charcoal grill.
Also on the menu:
- Mashed potatoes (dairy free)
- Maple glazed sweet potatoes
- Sautéed green beans
- Amish stuffing (filled with gluten, for the family)
- Cranberry sauce with apples (for me)
- Cranberry jelly out of the can (Mr. Non-Compliant won’t eat real cranberries)
- Pumpkin pie with CocoWhip (gluten free and dairy free)
I’m going to try my hand at making gravy, since I discovered turkey stock in the freezer.
Sometimes naps happen. It’s a great day, and I’m very thankful.
Whatever Thanksgiving holds for you, I wish you a beautiful, blessed, and gratitude-filled day.
Thank you for reading my Thursday morning blog posts. I appreciate you.