1-219-765-8600

carol@inkwellcoaching.com

Schererville, IN

Top

Eating Your Way into 2020

Eating Your Way into 2020

With Thanksgiving only 2 weeks out, and Christmas not far behind, what’s your plan? By that I mean, what is your mindset as you move into the holiday season?

Are you prepared to make self-care a priority?

Now is the time to decide how you’ll begin 2020. How about a fresh start that is actually a continuum of today?

Be advised: deciding to NOT think about how you’ll eat, move, and enjoy your holidays, is in itself, a decision. Heading into January with the idea that you’ll start living healthier after the parties, is not the best self-care.  

I’ve heard the same line for years. “Once the holidays are over, I’ll eat right and go to the gym.”

Every decision you make either moves your health in a positive direction or a negative direction. There is no neutral.

I’m not saying you need to avoid all the fun stuff. I, too, enjoy the parties and special treats that make their appearance for a few brief weeks. My goal is to keep my eating on track 80% of the time. The other 20%…

Use moderation and choose wisely. Save your sugary treat consumption for something really special and amazing—like grandma’s nutroll. Be aware of drinking your calories. The dinner rolls simply take up stomach space that may better be served eating a piece of homemade pumpkin pie. Stop eating before you’re full and avoid misery.

Get your sleep, drink your water, stick with your workout regimen, and decide how you’ll maneuver the party before you arrive. Eat a small nutritious snack or drink a small protein shake before you go so you’re not tempted to overeat. It’s tough to nibble and make conversation anyway. Enjoy one favorite cocktail or glass of wine, then switch to sparkling or plain water with lemon.

There will be times when you deviate from your plan. When that happens, begin again. Avoid the temptation to wait until a later date. Your life is happening now.  

If you have a pattern of falling into the holiday eating trap, I’d like to help. Send me an email. Make 2020 the year you feel really good about your body January 1. It’s a great way to ring in the New Year.

Much love,
Carol

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” ― François de La Rochefoucauld

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.